Friday, December 10, 2010

Casting - Ideas

For the Sand mold, since it was going to be iron and flat on one side, I wanted to create something that seemed to be emerging from the surface of whatever the sculpture was on. This led me to think of a creature peeping out from the surface of the water. The other idea was to make something floating on the top of the water, but my impression was that it would be harder to cast... On hindsight, I should have used a ready-made object but it was an interesting learning process nonetheless.


the water-creature evolved into a woman with coral parts..I was looking at Nervous System and seeing how they are inspired by organic geometrical patterns, I was hoping to incorporate that inspiration into my work as well, especially for the plaster cast.


the repetitive pattern made sense to attempt to recreate with the plaster cast, but at this stage I was still not very sure how I wanted it to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment